Early help means identifying needs and providing help for children and young adults, early on, to prevent future problems and help them achieve their potential.
This is done by:
- Identifying emotional or behavioural concerns, mental health problems or substance dependencies and providing support services to prevent problems arising in future.
- Identifying physical, sensory or mental impairments and finding ways to help them function to the best of their ability.
- Providing support to financially disadvantaged children and their families to make sure they reach their potential
- Providing our staff with Common Assessment Framework (CAF) documents to assist in accurately identifying children’s individual needs.
What Services does it cover?
- Children’s Centres
- Parenting and family support
- Youth Service
- Youth Offending Service
- Young People’s Substance Misuse
- Integrated working processes
How can we help?
Our Early Intervention Service offers a high quality early intervention and specialist services for children, young people and families with additional and complex needs. We offer these services in conjunction with partner agencies.
All partner agencies are actively involved in the delivery of services to ensure the best solutions and outcomes for children and young people from pre-birth to 19 years old (up to 25 where there are Special Educational Needs).