Concerned about a Child in Wokingham
If you have any worries about a child or young person who you feel is being ill-treated, abused or neglected you should contact Children's Services immediately. Children and their parents may need help urgently.
Who to contact
- All immediate concerns should be discussed with a social worker by calling the WBC Referral and Assessment Team (Children's Safeguarding and Social Care Team) on telephone 0118 908 8002 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also need to complete a multi agency referral form (see below).
- For concerns out of hours contact the Emergency Duty Service (EDS) - out of office hours: telephone: 01344 351999
- If you are a professional you can find further information on our professionals page.
You can also discuss your concerns with:
- Thames Valley Police: Telephone 101
- NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children) 24 hour helpline: 0808 800 5000
Multi Agency Referral Form (MARF)
If this form includes personal/sensitive information, please ensure that you take appropriate measures to protect the data in line with your school Data Protection procedures. This might include encrypting the data whilst in transit by adding [secure] to the subject line if your school uses the Wokingham schools secure email system (Global Certs), or using an equivalent system. If you are unsure, please contact your school Data Protection Officer.
To access the Wokingham Children Services MARF document, please click on the below link.
Wokingham Children's Services MARF
Call 999 in an emergency or if you believe a child is in immediate danger
Buckinghamshire Safeguarding Children Board and the Buckinghamshire Safeguarding Adults Board as a joint venture, commissioned the production of a safeguarding film to raise awareness of safeguarding issues for children and adults and how to report a concern. They have kindly given their permission for it to be shared.